Thursday, January 10, 2008

Vimeo

I've found a new addiction in Vimeo. I've finally found a way to share video with the fam in Vancouver without all the challenges of YouTube, which I found to be very user unfriendly for some of the novices I wanted to share videos with.

What I like best is that I can easily share video and hide the contents by password-protecting them. People don't have to become members to view hidden videos; they can just view them if they have the appropriate authentication rights. They've used AJAX pretty well: I can update details of the video while the video uploads. And I find the interface very clean and easy to use - both for administrators and people who simply want to view videos.

I wish that there were a faster way to upload the videos themselves - maybe via FTP or some desktop widget that would batch upload the videos. Right now, it's a bit of a pain to do them one at a time.

Check out the fruits of my labour here:
http://www.vimeo.com/christinekids

No comments: