Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Perils of Flying

So my flight out to Vancouver was utter hell. Arrived at the airport at 6:20 am and arrived in Vancouver 12 hours later. Probably the worst travel experience I've ever had.

Showed up a smidgen too late and ended up missing my flight. The most aggravating part was that I was in line waiting to check in and I missed my cut off. Found out that if I ended up checking in online I would have probably ended up catching it.

Thankfully got on the next flight and was relieved to find out that there was ample room for Audrey and me. Too bad the plane had to get a thingamabob fixed on it which meant that we all needed to deplane. Worst part was that I was walking all over the terminal without my stroller and with the heaviest backpack EVER (have no clue why I packed that laptop).

Begged a flight attendant to let me on the next flight. Unfortunately, my bags would have to follow from the other plane. Got squeezed in the very back beside a overly chatty woman who would not stop talking (at one point Audrey was so tired that she wailed in the woman's face, begging her to shut her yapper so she could have a moment of silence to sleep).

Ended up needing to wait for my bags in Vancouver. The ironic part was that they came only 30 minutes later. If I had just ended up waiting, I would have saved myself a ton of grief.

Patience is definitely not my best asset.

No comments: