Saturday, August 25, 2007

Second Birthday

We celebrated Audrey's second birthday today. Had a few of Jesse's family members over for a small birthday party. I can hardly believe that my little one has been on this earth for two years.

I've started making a video in iMovie of some of my favourite photos and videos. When I look back at those early days, I can barely recognize her. I mean - I remember her and can see Audrey in the photos. I remember very vividly taking most of the photos. But the transformation is so huge that it seems too abstract to connect the dots between who Audrey is now and who she was in these photos.

As I talk to my friends about their new babies, I realize that I'm forgetting. I never thought I would forget. Living in the moment, it seems unthinkable that so much time would pass that I'd forget. Realizing how much can happen in two years makes me realize how important it is for me to live in the now and to cherish everyday that is today.

Happy Birthday, Audrey. I love you so much.

No comments: