Friday, August 31, 2007

Flying With a Toddler, Part 2: Board Last

Audrey should have her own frequent flyer points. She's flown to Vancouver five times and to Calgary once - all before she turned two years old.

We're old hats at it now, but originally, the prospect freaked me out. I dreaded the thought of having an inconsolable baby crying non-stop for 5 hours, the glare of other passengers burning into my back. I couldn't find many tips online, so I turned to friends and family for pointers - most of whom didn't have much to say in this department.

Tip 2: Board Last

Jesse's aunt, however, had one pointer that I still follow: board last, especially if you have someone with you. The airlines always invite families to board first, but if you think about it, it actually makes more sense to board last:
  • Your kids can have a chance to run around more.
  • You can walk around freely.
  • You limit the time that you're in a confined space and on that plane.
And the business flyer in me doesn't want to be on a plane any longer than I need to be.

View Other Travelling Tips:

No comments: