Saturday, September 1, 2007

Johnny Cash Does Kids Songs


I'm a huge Johnny Cash fan. Ever since we went to Memphis in 2005. Memphis is a great place if you ever want somewhere kind of kooky to visit. Graceland's Jungle Room alone is worth the trip.

Anyway, as I've said, I'm a huge Johnny Cash fan. So when I found out he had a children's album, I was right into it. I don't even mind that the lyrics are so non-PC - that's actually part of the appeal.

Turns out that Audrey is a huge fan too. After each song, she yells, "Again!" and we play "Nasty Dan" or "I Got A Boy And His Name Is John" over and over again.

I'm grateful for her penchant for the Man in Black. It means I'm not tortured by hours of Raffi or Fred Penner and "Baby Beluga" or "Take You Riding in My Car-Car". Or worse - humming them during meetings with my co-workers. It's bad enough that I can't get the Dora the Explorer theme song out of my head.

She also loves Bob Marley. What can I say - the girl has taste.

I'd love to hear more recommendations for kids music.

No comments: